Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pope Benedict

I have never been excited about a pope before in my life. From my previous church, people told me that the Pope was just an ordinary man. Since other people are excited about his visit to the US, now I am super excited.

He is totally awesome and inspiring. He speaks out against the US's ugly past with minorities and comforted sex abuse victims. He admitted that the church was wrong to protect the pedophile priests. It takes a lot of courage to admit that you were wrong. (I must have tons of courage).

I think that Pope Benedict should have his own music video, just like the Obama girl. Of course it would be tasteful. I obviously wouldn't be dressed in a bikini hugging His Holiness. Maybe a creative person can take clips from his speeches and make a music video. Like someone did with Obama's Yes, We can.

Personally, I feel that Americans embracing the Pope's message will transform their lives more than Obama's message. Not that Obama's message isn't inspiring, but politics will never save us in the way that a relationship with God will.

No comments: