Saturday, May 10, 2008

Faith in an unlikely place

Sometimes simple gestures makes a bigger impact on non-believers than preaching to them.

My manager at work met with all fifty of his subordinates and asked them what they needed to make their jobs easier. He wrote down all of their suggestions, even the ones where people suggested chocolate covered doughnuts and pizza on Fridays. And this is the second time this year that he has done that.

I was really touched by that and I can't explain why. He would sacrifice something for all of us, and I think that it is more than his job. I think that he really does care.

It's weird that I have been studying really hard trying to understand God. Regularly attending church thinking that I was going to find Him, when he was right under my nose in my manager. Because if God were my manager, He would act like my manager. I can't believe I found God in a place where I wasn't even looking for Him.

No comments: