Monday, May 26, 2008

Coping

As I said in a previous post, I was bullied in high school. I wrote that bullying was good for me. The reason why I wrote that was because I work with someone who was homeschooled to protect her from bullying.

While this woman is a very intelligent and thoughtful woman, I feel that she can't cope very well with a lot of things. She has had two meltdowns on the floor where she cried so loudly that other people couldn't work. One of the incidences was her supervisor told her to get along with other people. The other one was that she told a woman to shut up and then started crying saying that she was tired. I work in customer service and she complains every single time a customer asks her to do something or is cross with her. She expected our manager to solve every problem that she had, and he finally told her to solve it on her own. (She was going to his office several times a week, complaining about petty stuff).

This woman was homeschooled for eight years of her life and never entered a public high school. Even though I wished I could've been sheltered from bullying, I am glad that I wasn't. Because when someone is cross with me, I get mad, but I don't let it ruin my day. I don't ever tell people to shut up when I am tired. And I understand that my job means that I have to do what the customer wants and I only complain if their request is unreasonable.

Sometimes I wish that God would have sheltered me from troubles. But if God did, maybe I would react like the woman who was homeschooled to everyday problems. I woudn't know how to cope.

No comments: