Saturday, March 1, 2008

God seeking adventures

I never thought that I would ever believe and have faith in God. I can't believe that I believe. I read the Bible when I was a kid, and I loved it! The thing was that I didn't see God in real life, so I couldn't believe.

When I was an adult, I would go to church for awhile and stop because I just couldn't find what I was looking for there. At my last church, I prayed to God that he would lead me to the church he wanted me to go. Then I ran across this priest's blog, and he totally amazed me. He mentioned that he was engaged to a woman, but broke up with her because he felt that God was calling him to be a priest. My previous church was really into Focus on the Family, and this kind of thing was unheard of. Then people would send the priest these nasty e-mails (I know this because he posted these things on his blog) and would answer those hateful people's questions respectfully. This priest seemed to really love his enemies.

Well, I have never tried the Catholic Church because all of the churches that I attended said that Catholics weren't really Christians. In many of my previous churches, there were many former Catholics who attended and they warned me about the evils of the Catholic Church. They couldn't understand why I was studying Catholicism. When I told them I was leaving that church for the Catholic church, they said things like they would pray for me or I should talk to the pastor before I leave. They showed me more love when I was leaving than than they did the whole three years that I attended.

Then I bought all of these books on Catholicism. When I bought them, the lady who was ringing up my bill said that it was OK to read about Catholicism, but not OK to believe in it. Then there was my former co-worker who warned me that Catholics really aren't saved and I was in danger of going to hell. Then there is my mom who told me that none of those priests are celibate and said that they would try to seduce me (that hasn't happened but I have already come up with a mean response when it does).

You would think that all of these setbacks would keep me from seeking God, but no, I am more determined than ever to find Him. I am more than a God seeker, I am a God stalker.

PS-I saw that eight people have read my blog. I didn't know think that anyone was reading my blog. Anyway, my e-mail address is gclaheh@hotmail.com, if you want to contact me.

No comments: